Thursday 5 February 2015

The Theatre Cafe

A theatre lovers heaven. The whole experience reminded me of the time I saw The Book of Mormon. I was concerned that maybe I had built it up too much in my head and the actual reality would disappoint. However, much like The Book of Mormon, all my expectations were exceeded and I am sure this was just my first visit of many more. 


Located on Shaftesbury Avenue opposite Les Miserables, this cafe has everything a theatre fan could want; show memorabilia, show tunes and your aptly named drinks come in a theatre themed cup. If that isn't convincing enough, how about the iPads on every table where you can buy your theatre tickets while sipping at a cup of coffee? 


It is a relatively small cafe with small long tables but it is perfectly cosy and comfortable enough to sit in and chat for hours (I should know, I did). All the tables are covered with collages of show posters. For the avid theatre goer this is a good way to test how many shows you've actually seen and how many left you have to see. 


The staff are very friendly and efficient, they did everything that I expect from good customer service. It just has the perfect atmosphere for a West End cafe. 



Check out their website for some more information here



If you would like some suggestions for what to see in the West End (or generally in London) please check out my other blog Oh, What a Night for my theatre reviews. 

No comments:

Post a Comment